In the past PFO funds have purchased such items as books, software and art supplies. In recent years
the PFO has primarily supported the after-prom activity night for juniors and seniors, as well as a staff
appreciation luncheon. More participation would allow the PFO to do more for the students.
How are PFO funds raised?
The PFO sells refreshments at the visitors’ concession stand during home football games, as well as
50/50 tickets. It also sells soft drinks at the annual homecoming dance.
In addition, the PFO has a yard sign that parents can rent to celebrate a student’s birthday or an
accomplishment. The sign is displayed outside of Franklin Central. Rental is $25. To rent the yard sign, please complete the yard sign form and send it to the main office with your money. You may e-mail the information to Tonya Short, firstname.lastname@example.org, but the money must be paid at the school’s main office before the sign will be displayed. Signs will not be displayed in prohibitive weather.
How can you be involved?
Join the PFO and volunteer. Dues are $5 per family. Make checks to: FCHS PFO
Aug. 9, Sept. 13, Nov. 8, Jan. 10, March 7, April 18, May 16, 5:00 p.m. in the teachers’ work room near the front office
- Textbook Pick-up Day – July 17 -19 (8 to 4 p.m), July 23 – 26 (1 to 7 p.m). – Signing up people for PFO
- Concessions at football games: Aug. 24, Aug. 31, Sept. 14, Sept. 26, and Oct. 5, Work Concession and sell 50/50 tickets and promotional items: Start time: 6:15 p.m.
- Back to School/Meet the Teacher Night: Aug. 29, Signing up people for PFO
- Homecoming dance – selling soft drinks – Sept 29, 6:30 to 9:00 p.m.
- No Tricks, Just Treats – passing out candy to trick-or-treaters at the school, Oct. 25, 6 to 8 p.m.
- Holiday Staff Luncheon – Dec. 8, 11 a.m. Need dessert/side dish donations and help with set-up.
- 8th Grade Parent Night – TBD
- After-Prom – April 71, 11 p.m. to 1 a.m. – Need chaperones and snacks.
Questions: Contact PFO President Tonya Short, email@example.com