The state of Indiana has released the immunization requirements for the 2019-2020 school year. Please make note of the updated requirements and recommendations for the following grade levels:
- Hepatitis A is a two part series that requires 6 months in between doses. This immunization series is required for all students in grades K-7 and 12th grade. It is recommended for students in grades 8-11.
- 6th grade students are required to have the additional immunizations of 1 Tdap and 1 MCV (Meningococcal) prior to the start of the school year.
- Students entering the 12th grade are required to have an additional dose of the Meningococcal immunization-to equal two doses-prior to the start of school.
- Seniors are also required to have 2 doses of Hepatitis A.
- It is recommended that Seniors have 2 doses of Meningitis B and HPV as well-please discuss these with your healthcare provider.
Please contact your student’s doctor as soon as possible so that your student’s immunizations are up to date prior to the start of school. The availability of appointments diminishes greatly as the school year approaches. The Marion County Health Department’s phone number is 317-221-5700, and offers appointments throughout the week. Other resources include Community Med Check locations and Community Clinic at Walgreens. If you do not have a primary physician, or need assistance in finding one, please contact your school nurse for resources.