Purpose of Assessments
Franklin Township Community School Corporation is committed to continuously using student data to drive curricular, instructional and programing decisions. The district utilizes a balanced assessment system of summative and formative assessments to evaluate student progress.
Our FTCSC assessment programs are designed to:
- measure student achievement relative to the state content standards,
- use student results and data to identify and remediate students failing to master course content,
- provide teachers with real time and accurate information detailing their students’ retention of material,
- assist in identifying strengths and weakness, in the schools systems and programming, in efforts to improve student learning.
- Formative Assessments refer to a wide variety of tools used to conduct on the spot evaluations of student comprehension. These assessments then provide teachers with real time information on their students understanding of the material, learning needs and comprehension.
- Summative Assessments are primarily state designed and are used to assess the extent to which a student has successfully mastered the grade/subject level standards. Though the results are just a glimpse into the students’ educational progress, the information does assist with program placement, remediation identification and teacher preparations.
District Assessment Calendar
|PSAT||College Readiness Assessment.||Sophomores and Juniors||Oct. 10th|
|Cognitive Abilities Test (CogAT)||High Ability Placement||2nd and 5th grade
*plus nominated students
|Oct. 29th – Nov. 2nd|
|ISTEP 10 Retest||Graduation Qualifying Exam||Juniors and Seniors
*without qualifying scores
|Nov. 12th – Dec. 11th|
|WiDA||Language Assessment||English Learners
*Prof. Levels 1-4.9
|Jan. 14th – Mar. 1st|
|All 3rd grade students||Mar. 11th – Mar. 15th|
|ISTEP 10+||Graduation Qualifying Exam||Sophomores||Part 1: Feb 25th – Mar. 22nd
Part 2: Apr. 8th – May 3rd
|IAM||Alternative State Summative Assessment||Qualified students||Apr. 8th – May 17th|
|ILEARN||State Summative Assessment||Grades 3-8||Apr. 22nd – May 17th|
|ILEARN Bio||State Summative Assessment||Biology Students||Apr. 22nd – May 24th|